This City of Eastland contracts with outside solid waste collections companies for all solid waste removal for the City. Currently the City contracts with Waste Connections for these services.
To promote health and safety to the community by providing an environment free from hazards and unpleasantness of uncollected solid waste, with the least possible inconvenience to the citizens.
To provide proper collection, transportation and disposal of residential, commercial and industrial solid waste for the City of Eastland in the most cost-efficient methods possible.
Waste Connections is responsible for the collection of solid waste for all residents and commercial establishments for the City of Eastland by utilizing collection dumpsters of various sizes. The company collects solid waste as follows: 1 - 5 times per week for commercial garbage collection. Once per week for residential containers. To see you collection day click HERE
Waste Connections will repair and maintain all damaged or worn dumpsters and upgrade to new when possible. They will pick up brush, bagged leaves, bagged grass clippings, and debris as requested by residents, through their Bulk Pick Up services.
Bulk Pick Up Services are available on the first and third Fridays of each month. Residential (non-commercial) customers may contact City of Eastland to request Bulk Pick Up services during normal business hours 8 to 5, Monday through Friday by calling 254-629-8321 no later than 24 yours prior to a scheduled Bulk Pick Up Friday. Waste Connections will NOT pick up bulk items at addresses not on the Bulk Pick Up list.
The following rules apply:
NO construction debris please! (see lists of items accepted and not accepted in next section below)
This free service is not available to: Commercial Customers, Apartments, Schools, Churches, Evictions, or Storage Units.
Waste Connections employees are not permitted to go on private property to collect these items.
Place items at the curb (not in the street) no more than 48 hours prior to a scheduled pick up.
Bulk Items accepted are:
Brush (cut to 4 foot lengths, bundled, tied and each bundle must weigh 50 lbs or less) (limit of 8 bundles per pickup)
Sofa or Couch
The following items are NOT allowed:
Oil and Liquids
Paint or Paint Products
Gas powered Lawn Mower or Lawn Equipment
Brick, tile, stone and concrete blocks
Construction and remodeling debris (includes carpet, plywood, bricks, rocks, aggregate, cinder block, stone, mortar, sand, sheet rock, insulation, flooring, shingles, siding, steel roofing, glass mirrors, lumber).
For the City of Eastland Residents Only
The Convenience Center, located at the corner of Valley and Halbryan streets, is open from 9am-Noon and 1-2:30pm. on Monday, Wednesday & Friday FOR CITY OF EASTLAND RESIDENTS ONLY, BY APPOINTMENT. Residents delivering yard debris, large household items and other materials must have proof of identification and a current paid CITY OF EASTLAND residential water receipt. Call the City of Eastland at 254-629-8321 at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an appointment.
• Nonresidents may not deliver material to the convenience center nor may material originating outside the city to be delivered to the convenience center.
The Convenience Center will not be open on Tuesday, Thursday, weekends or City Holidays.
• Residential yard or tree material, or household material are limited to delivery of no more than the equivalent of one (1) pickup bed load per month at no charge. The resident must pay for any excess material or additional loads in accordance with the City of Eastland rates & fee schedule.
• The Convenience Center is not designed for clearing lots or property. In the case of large tree clearing, please contact a professional tree company or waste hauler. Commercial yard and lawn service providers must provide proof that debris delivered to the facility was obtained from a customer within the city limits of Eastland, Texas
The Convenience Center will take the following items: (NOTE, however, that all materials other than tree brush material must be placed in designated dumpsters by the person depositing the items.)
• Bagged household rubbish as well as furniture, such as sofa, dining tables, dresser, etc. TV’s, computers monitor also ok
• Tress cut to six (6) foot lengths. This program is for an individual or business.
• Metal objects of reasonable size are accepted at no charge
Construction materials, including carpet (Charge of $15 per cubic yard) (NOTE: A Cubic Yard is # feet X 3 Feet X 3 Feet)
• Wood Fencing (Charge of $15 per cubic yard)
• Mattresses and box springs (Charge of $5 per mattress or box (any size)
• Tires- Car (Charge $3/ per tire), Truck (Charge $5/per tire), Tractor (Charge $20/per tire)
Building and Remodeling contractors should contractor disposal of waste with
Waste Connections at 1-800-687-3390
Items that WILL NOT be accepted at the Convenience Center include:
• Oil, liquids or paint products
• Hazardous materials or household chemicals (antifreeze, household cleaners, pesticides or herbicides)
• Concrete, dirt or rocks
• Refrigerators, air conditioners, other items containing freon
• Automotive engines and parts
• Vehicle batteries
Apartments/Hotel & landlords: may pay to dispose of small load of furniture by special arrangement.
Seasonal Bagged Leaf Collection
Beginning on the second Friday of December through the fourth Friday of April Waste Connections will pick up bagged leaves curbside for residential customers only on the SECOND and FOURTH Fridays. Residential customers must call City Hall at least 24 hours in advance to be placed on the Bagged Leaf Pick Up list. A limit of 8 bags per pick-up. Waste Connections will not pick up bagged leaves: 1) not on a pick-up list; 2) before or after the December through April months.
Residential Garbage Collection
Residential garbage is collected one time each week from 96-gallon, provided, curbside carts.
For those who may find one garbage cart with once-a-week collection inadequate additional carts can be requested. Additional Fees apply.
To see when your garbage collection day is, click HERE
For your remodeling and construction needs, Roll-off dumpsters are available by contacting Progressive Waste Solutions at 800-687-3390.
ONLY WASTE CONNECTIONS ROLL-OFFS ARE PERMITTED WITHIN THE CITY OF EASTLAND.
For more information contact City Hall at 254-629-8321.
113 E. Commerce St
Hours 8:00AM - 5:00PM